This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Golden Milk Turmeric Latte is easy to make and packed full of health benefits. It’s a cozy and warming drink that is so good for you and made with just a handful of ingredients. If you haven’t got on board with turmeric golden milk yet, now is the time!
Golden milk turmeric lattes are a cozy delicious alternative to plain coffee and packed with all kinds of health benefits. Basically, it’s like warm liquid sunshine in a cup with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a kick of flavor that will give you a nice boost! A cup of this turmeric latte recipe is the perfect way to kickstart the day.
Benefits of Turmeric:
- Anti-inflammation: thanks to the curcumin in Turmeric! It’s actually one of the best natural anti-inflammatories.
- Anti-oxidants: goodbye free radicals!
- Anti-depressant: studies showed it was as effective as prozac in decreasing depression symptoms…whoa!
What is golden milk latte?
Golden milk is typically made as a warm drink that is used in many other countries as a way to boost health while also drinking a truly delicious beverage. Some people make this as almond milk latte while others use oat milk.
ingredients to make a ginger turmeric latte
- Coffee: Any type of coffee will work to make this drink and many also use espresso as well. It just depends on how much caffeine you’re wanting to have in your drink. (You can also use decaf, too.)
- Creamer or milk: Adding in almond milk or oat milk are the two most popular types of milk used but you can also use creamer or half and half as well.
- Sweetener: Natural sweeteners like honey or a plant based sweetener add the perfect kick of sweetness to your cup.
- Spices: Turmeric is the most important spice for making a golden milk latte and it’s what gives it that rich robust yellow color. However any other warm spices like cinnamon and ginger work really well. You can also add a little heat by adding black pepper that helps to activate turmeric or cayenne.
how to make a turmeric latte with coffee
warm milk, add coffee & sweetener
- Heat the almond milk in a microwave-safe mug.
- Add a shot of espresso or coffee to the warmed milk.
- Pour in the sweeneter.
add spices & froth latte
- Add the spices to the mug.
- Use a frother or a whisk to get the milk latte frothy.
- Drink and enjoy! Top with cinnamon if you’d like to.
tips for making homemade turmeric latte
- Check that your spices aren’t stale for maximum flavor and benefits. Rub a little of the spice between your fingers, if there is only a faint aroma it’s time to get new spices.
- Made an iced turmeric latte! I love drinking this hot but you can easily add some ice and cool it down a bit, too.
- Whisk it well. If you do use a whisk, make sure that you whisk it well and fast. To get that frothy texture, you need to whisk quickly.
- Don’t forget to garnish. The added little pinch of cinnamon on top really enhances the flavor!
Frequently asked questions
I like to use a frother as it gets the milk really light and fluffy, but a whisk will also work. If you use a whisk, be sure to combine the spices well.
You can buy turmeric powder at any grocery store or health food store. There’s no need to make sure it’s organic, but it’s always better if you can opt for organic.
You don’t have to drink this latte right away. You can make a big batch of this in your blender to mix all the flavors together really well. Store in your fridge in an airtight jar for up to 5 days. Then just warm up a portion in the microwave when you’re ready to drink.
This golden milk latte is an energizing, nutritious, and delicious latte you’ll want to make every morning! I really can’t wait for you to try this delicious hot drink. It really does warm your soul and you can’t argue with the benefits of golden milk!
For more recipes with coffee:
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Golden Milk Turmeric Latte recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
This Golden Milk Turmeric Latte recipe was originally published on May 13, 2018. The recipe has not been changed but the post now includes new step-by-step photos for how to make the latte.
In a microwave safe mug, heat the almond milk for about 1 minute, or to your desired temperature.
Add a fresh shot of espresso or concentrated coffee to the warmed almond milk.
Whisk in the honey, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and cayenne pepper, if using. You can also use a milk frother, and froth for a couple minutes until you reach your desired froth level. Garnish with cinnamon and enjoy immediately!
Storage: You can make a big batch of this in your blender to mix all the flavors together really well. Store in your fridge in an airtight jar for up to 5 days. Then just warm up a portion in the microwave when you’re ready to drink.
Tools: You can use a blender or whisk to blend the turmeric into the milk. I like using a frother to get that foam on top.
Calories: 142kcal, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 159mg, Potassium: 1035mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 6g, Vitamin A: 1IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 181mg, Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.